Monday, November 30, 2009

University of Arkansas-Razorback Inspired





I recently was presented with a chance to see a live Razorback game.  I drove a bus load of high school band students to watch the U of A band warm up for the game and then actually got to see them perform and watch the game live.  

I'm not really into going anywhere with large crowds of people so this was quite an experience for me.  While there waiting for the game to begin, I whipped out my crochet and began to develope my version of the U of A mascot.  I worked on him during the game.  A little girl that was obviously a big Razorback fan (she was sporting the hog nose), kept turning around watching in curiosity.  The game was half way thru when she managed to finally ask me what I was making.  When I told her it was a Razorback, she gave me a huge smile.  She then proceeded to tell her older sister what I was doing.  I couldn't help but giggle to myself.  

The game was nearly over, Arkansas was kicking butt, so I decided to make my way thru the sea of people and try to get back to my bus which was several blocks away.  I was almost done with him when the kids arrived.  I packed him away and finished him the next day.  Arkansas won!!!  

Now I introduce to you, Tusk.  He turned out so cute, even if I say so myself. Anyone need a Christmas present for a hog wild Razorback fan?  

No comments:

Post a Comment