Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Hearts & Comfortghans





I found a pattern online for a chrocheted anatomical heart.  I thought this was just too funny and decided to make it and give it to my family doctor for Valentines Day.  I also used my own pattern to make each of his nurses stethascope cozies.  I love Dr. Tucker and his nurses, Betty and Chris.  They are such a great team.  Dr. Tucker and Chris helped me out so much when I was diagnosed with breast cancer and as I was going thru my breast cancer treatments.  Betty joined the staff after I had already been thru everything, but I found her to be my cheerleader for weight loss.  She has such a great heart and a great sense of humor.  They all took time out to pose with their Valentine gifts.   

I found out earlier in the year that Chris had cancer.  I was so shocked.  She was an angel and I couldn't really do anything for her except for trying to cheer her up.  I enlisted my friend, Linda, to help.  Linda belongs to a chrochet group called Heart Felt Blessings.  We got together with them and made a comfortghan for her.  Pictured is Chris holding her comfortghan.  She was so surprised when Linda and I presented it to her.  She did get to enjoy her comfortghan for a short time before passing away.  Chris we will miss you, but we will never forget you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment