Monday, November 30, 2009

Meet the Egg Heads


Recently when driving my school bus, I noticed that a few of my students were carrying real eggs around with them and asked them what they were doing.  They said that it was a class assignment.  They had to be responsible for and take care of their egg babies.  This was to simulate what it would be like to be a parent.  I can tell you from my experience, this isn't even close to what is like being a real parent.  One of the girls asked me to crochet a hat for her baby which ended up being more than one.  She had twins.  I laughed at first and then decided I was up for the challenge.  I crocheted little matching bonnets for her twins, a bonnet for another girl, and a earflap beanie complete with pompom on top for a boy in the class.  The eggs in the picture are not their actual eggs.  I drew on faces of these eggs so that I could have models for the hats just for you.  I hope you get a kick out of it as much as I did.  I told the kids that they should ask for extra credit since they had custom clothes made for their egg babies.   

No comments:

Post a Comment