Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is it Real or Memmorex?


This burger is just one of five Burger Coaster sets I created for my two youngest grandchildren's preschool teachers.  The pattern used is my own.  Here my oldest grandson  pretends  to  get ready to take a bite.

Five burgers were truly time consuming, but a labor of love.  I wanted to do something a bit different and quirky for gifts and this fit that.  Originally I had asked all of the teachers what their favorite color was so that I could make ornaments for each one.  However, the majority of them liked pink and I had trouble incorporating that particular color into an ornament.   

In order to make the gift really unique, I acquired some styrofoam take-out burger containers and labeled each one for gift giving.  I gave each one a different diner or restaurant name unique to each teacher. 

This was my favorite one.  Debbie loved it too!  Little did I know she was dieting.  (laugh)  

On the inside of the lid of the container, I placed another label which said who made it (me), what type of yarn was used and laundering directions.

This set is intended to be use as coasters but it would be a great play food for little ones too.  The set consists of top and bottom bun, beef patty, cheese slice, lettuce, tomato, and onion.  I would have  done pickles, but I was pressed for time.   


It really does look good enough to eat.  Debbie even fooled her son with her burger.  She left it in the fridge in the to-go box and told her son she had brought him a burger.  He went to the kitchen and got out a plate, opened the fridge, took out the box and opened it, started to put it on his plate and got a surprise.  

These were quite a hit with the teachers.  Bon appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment